True Quad Core Performance for Gaming & Computing
Featuring 4 processor cores for performance gaming and processing, with true machine intelligence to analyze and adapt to your needs.1
The “Zen” Core Architecture
Built with AMD SenseMI Technology to deliver a truly intelligent processor.
Setting the Bar for High Performance and Efficiency
AMD’s high-performance x86 Core “Zen” architecture delivers >52% improvement in instructions-per-clock cycle over the previous generation AMD core, without increasing power.1
Sign up for breaking “Zen” Core news and product information.
Maximum Compute Efficiency
The “Zen” core is an all-new “clean sheet” x86 processor design that’s inspiring a new generation of high-performance AMD computing products in 2017 and beyond. “Zen” combines the latest thinking in high-throughput and low-power design methodologies to create a balanced and versatile architecture right at home in the desktop, laptop, datacenter and supercomputer.
Performance and Efficiency for Next-Gen Applications
Cloud computing, enterprise productivity, immersive visual experiences, gaming and data security open up new frontiers – and demand more computing performance with maximum energy efficiency. From the very beginning, AMD engineers designed the new “Zen” core to meet those demands with a high-performance execution engine, large caches, and powerful multi-threading capabilities.
“Zen” Microarchitecture Details
"Zen” cores are designed to efficiently use available microarchitectural resources for optimal compute performance. Compared to our previous architecture, three-tier cache system and new pre-fetch algorithms enable dramatically higher throughput in the cache and execution engines.
Powered by the AM4 Platform
The new AMD AM4 Platform puts effortless compatibility front and center. Our new 1331-pin processor socket works with the 7th Gen AMD APU, AMD Ryzen CPU, and the upcoming “Raven Ridge” APU. The one Socket AM4 motherboard you buy will work with any AM4 processor! And with support for the latest I/O standards like USB 3.1 Gen 2, NVMe, or PCI Express® 3.0, it’s easy to build a high-performance system that can grow with your needs.2
AMD SenseMI Technology
Technology that thinks, featuring a true Neural Network.
AMD SenseMI Technology. Technology that thinks.
AMD introduces SenseMI technology, a set of learning and adapting features that help the AMD Ryzen™ processor customize its performance to you and your applications. Finally: performance that thinks.
Cool and quiet processor operation using a sophisticated grid of smart sensors.
- Monitors CPU temperature, resource usage, and power draw
- Adaptive control optimizes power draw for any workload
- Minimized power consumption reduces system heat and noise
Fine-tuned processor performance adjusted in real time to meet the performance demands of your game or app.
- Adjusts clockspeeds in 25MHz increments to optimize performance
- Clockspeed changes can occur without pausing work
- High precision tuning with 25MHz increments
Extended Frequency Range
Automatic extra performance boost for enthusiasts with premium systems and processor cooling.
- Permits CPU speeds above and beyond ordinary Precision Boost limits
- Clockspeed scales with cooling solution: air, water, and LN2
- Fully automated; no user input required
- Available on select AMD Ryzen processors
Neural Net Prediction
Built-in artificial intelligence that primes your processor to tackle your app workload more efficiently.
- A true neural network inside every AMD Ryzen processor
- Builds a temporary map of how your programs use the CPU
- Prepares the fastest processor pathways for your app’s behaviors
Learning algorithms that predict and pre-load needed data for fast and responsive computing.
- Learns how your applications access their own data
- Sophisticated algorithms anticipate and pre-load that data into the AMD Ryzen processor
- Vital data is ready when you are, enabling peak performance
AMD VR Ready Processors
AMD VR-Ready processors provide confidence with the processing power required to handle advanced VR workloads.
AMD Ryzen™ VR Ready Premium
For users who demand a premium VR experience, AMD offers high-performance Ryzen™ VR Ready Premium processors1. These select models meet or exceed the current top VR-HMD manufacturers Oculus Rift or HTC Vive recommended specifications for processors, helping ensure the best possible experiences within the virtual worlds you choose.
AMD VR Ready Processor
If you feel that VR is something you might want to try now or in the future, AMD VR Ready processors2 provide confidence that your system has enough processing power to handle this advanced workload. These select models meet or exceed the current top VR-HMD manufacturers Oculus Rift or HTC Vive minimum specifications for processors to provide a playable experience for the user.
Step 2: Make sure the Rest of the System can handle it
Even though your AMD VR Ready processor provides the powerful performance you need to drive a great VR experience, the rest of your system needs to be up to snuff, too. That means:
- At least 8GB of RAM
- A VR capable graphics card like the Radeon™ RX 480 or GeForce GTX 970
- Video Output: HDMI™ 1.3 (Oculus Rift), HDMI 1.4 or Displayport 1.2 (HTC Vive)
- USB Ports: 3x USB 3.0 plus 1x USB 20 (Rift), 1x USB .0 (Vive)
- Operating System: Windows® 7 SP1 64-bit or newer
- As VR Technology, HMDs and other VR hardware and software evolve and/or become available, these criteria may change without notice. If you’re buying a pre-built system, check with your PC or system manufacturer to confirm VR capabilities.